Friday, November 02, 2007

I don't know why I still subscribe to 4 daily newspapers everyday....when at best I can manage to read the front page of only one a day. I subscribe to Times Of India ( World's largest circulated english daily), Hindustan Times, Mint (a business newspaper launched by Hindustan Times in association with Wall Street Journal) and Anandabaazar Patrika (Bengali Regional Newspaper).



Every month when it comes to paying the news subscription bills is when it hits me, why the hell do I pay for reading news four times over! Its insane, considering I can read all the news for almost free of charge online! But I guess its kind of built into my system.
I read newspapers not for the news alone, its the sense of anticipation in expecting today's breaking news as you pick up your newspaper ( hardly any now a days ;-)) , and then shift through the pages at a leisurely pace while you sip on your cuppa tea, or the smell of newsprint mixed with warmth of winter mornings is something I have grown up with and learnt to cherish. So now I have come to realise that my computer or laptop and online versions of newspapers in spite if the massive strides in social media is still a business tool and probably will never be able to take away my morning sunlight....I still will pick up the first newsprint and keep looking for interesting news in all my four newspapers.

No comments: